March 24, 2012

In my Mailbox (48)

In my Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren
For Review:
The Girl in the Steel Corset (Steampunk Chronicles, #1) 
The Girl in the Steel Corset by Kady Cross
This book has been on my TBR pile FOREVER and I am really excited to finally read it! Looks like a fantastic steampunk!
The Girl in the Clockwork Collar (Steampunk Chronicles, #2) 
The Girl in the Clockwork Collar by Kady Cross
I also got this, the 2nd book int he Steampunk series, so I might read them back to back!
From Bloggers:
Wings (Wings, #1) 
Wings by Aprilynne Pike
(Thanks to Monica from Cover Analysis!)
I got an ARC of Destined, the latest book in this series a couple weeks ago and needed to read the first ones! 
Spells (Wings, #2) 
Spells by Aprlynne Pike
(Thanks to Monica from Cover Analysis!) 
Now I have the 2nd in this series too!
Bought:
A Beautiful Dark (A Beautiful Dark, #1) 
A Beautiful Dark by Jocelyn Davies
I already tried to read this one, and didn't like it, but I wanted to give it another chance...
Cold Kiss 
Cold Kiss by Amy Garvey
I was borrowing this from someone, but found it for a super cheap at Half Priced Books!
Once in a Full Moon (Full Moon, #1) 
Once in a Full Moon by Ellen Schreiber
This one looks like a  really fun werewolf read!

That's what I got this week! What did you get? Let me know in the comments!

19 comments:

  1. Nice ones! I love Wings. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cover on A Beautiful Dark I want to read that one so much! I hope you enjoy everything you got this week! Here's my IMM!

    http://paigebradish1996.blogspot.com/2012/03/in-my-mailbox-27.html

    ~Paige @ Comfort Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great books this week! :) I am a sucker for covers and pretty much my faves of your IMM this week are Cold Kiss and Once in a Full Moon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed Wings, but not so much I rushed into the 2nd book in the series. Its been a year and I still haven't read it yet. Cold Kiss is one I picked up on my kindle for a bargain. I hope you like it better on your second go-a-round. It may make me more inspired to read it sooner than later. I read The Girl in the Steel Corset last year. It was great, my first experience with Steampunk and I think I like the genre. I'm curious to see what book two is like.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Once in a Full Moon sounds good to me too! Hope you will enjoy all the books you've got this week. Happy reading!

    Here's my IMM.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a great list for this week! I've wanted to read A Beautiful Dark for a loooooong time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great haul! I haven´t read the Steampunk Chronicles books, love the covers.
    happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I cannot wait to read Kady Cross's books. They look super good! And I'm extremely intrigued of Cold Kiss. Enjoy!

    My IMM: Surprise Edition!

    ReplyDelete
  9. :D I work at one of the HPB stores in Pittsburgh! Isn't it awesome??

    Both The Girl in the Steel Corset & The Girl in the Clockwork Collar have been on my radar for a while now. I haven't gotten around to reading them yet, but I really should. They sound like books I'd absolutely love.

    My IMM!

    ReplyDelete
  10. those r quite interesting books...like usual, enjoy reading them :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved the Steampunk books and the Wings series- I hope you enjoy them! Make sure you read the 3rd one in the series too- they literally start up the moment the previous book is over :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the characters in Kady Cross's series and am really excited to get to book two! I enjoyed A Beautiful Dark and I had up and down feelings for Aprilynne Pike's series, but I can say that Destined, the fourth book, is incentive enough to start the series because it is AMAZING. I still have to read Cold Kiss! Now that one has been sitting in my TBR forever :O And I really couldn't dig Once in a Full Moon. I basically detested it, but that's probably due to the fact that I can't really get into Ellen's books, they're not for me.

    Have an amazing reading week!

    Asher

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cold Kiss is one I keep meaning to pick up as well

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice IMM! I wasn't a big fan of 'A beautiful dark' but the cover is so pretty :p

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, awesome IMM!! These are all great reads. I'm excited to read Kady Cross's books as well. I've heard glowing reviews about them. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooooh! Looks like you got some yummy books this week!
    Thanks for sharing!
    http://paulettespapers.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just ordered "The Girl in the Steel Corset" yesterday, I'm so excited to read it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Interesting book you got there.. Im gonna try read them too. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment, I love and appreciate each and every one! As of March 2012, The Non Reluctant Reader is an awards-free zone. I'm honored to be considered, but do not currently have the time to pass the award on. Comments are the best award I can receive though! If the comment requires a reply, please be sure to check back for one. If it is a feature/meme leave a link to your post and I will stop by and comment if I get the chance!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Under the Dappled Shadows kit by Lorie Davison