June 6, 2012

Armchair BEA: Networking... In Real Life?!

Armchair BEA is a yearly event that allows bloggers to participate in BEA from their own home.
Today's Subject:
Networking...In Real Life?!
Today's subject is where you recap bookish thing you've done in your community. 

  Today I'm going to share with you an awesome bookish experience that I got to participate in with my writing group. In September of last year. Our writing mentor, Patrick Jennings (author of 17 books for children) decided to host the first annual "Trilexathon", a 24 hour bookish marathon that consisted of writing, reading, and playing word games. 

Patrick Jennings
Patrick Jennings, our mentor and writer of 17 children's books. 
   Participants arrived at 9:00 pm, September 2nd. Participants arrived with their weapons of mas destruction: books, writing notebooks, laptops, word games, and their wits to defeat their fellow writers. For this was not only a bookish trilexathon, but a competition of who could log the most minutes. *cough* I forgot who won. *cough, cough* Not me. *cough, cough.*

   I used the blog as a way to share the group's updates. I originally hoped to do a live steam of it, but moving my computer around the house just didn't work. In the end, I just post updates every so often with the minutes. 

  Though I did end up falling asleep for a couple hours, I had a pretty good run, reading four books, writing three reviews, and playing loads of word games!

  This was a great bookish event and I can't wait for this year's competition! 

9 comments:

  1. Stopping by from Armchair BEA. :)

    Wow, this is the first time I've heard of Trilexathon. Interesting!

    -Len of Musings of a Reader Happy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, such a great experience!!! Glad you had fun :) :) It must have been awesome :) I would love to participate at something like this! :) ;) Enjoy aBEA! :) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's nothing like the power of networking. You make new friends, you become a part of a larger community, and alas---a new collection of business cards! Glad to hear you're having a great time. (Wish I was at the BEA!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. readathons are awesome

    http://marnise.blogspot.com/2012/06/armchair-bea-positive-experience-with.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. A Trilexithon sounds like SO much fun! I'd love to do one of those in real life with some of my more bookish friends.

    Happy ABEA!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a lot of fun and a great way to add something new and different to your blog. Love the banner. Found you via Armchair ABA.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cool is that!!!

    Thanks for participating!

    Here's my networking post

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what a great event! Most original thing I've read all day, that's for sure :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment, I love and appreciate each and every one! As of March 2012, The Non Reluctant Reader is an awards-free zone. I'm honored to be considered, but do not currently have the time to pass the award on. Comments are the best award I can receive though! If the comment requires a reply, please be sure to check back for one. If it is a feature/meme leave a link to your post and I will stop by and comment if I get the chance!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Under the Dappled Shadows kit by Lorie Davison