September 16, 2012

Suzanne Selfors - The Sweetest Spell Launch Party Recap

Last Sunday I had the pleasure of going to Suzanne's Selfors launch party for her latest YA novel, The Sweetest Spell hosted by my local indie, Liberty Bay Books.
The Sweetest Spell
I haven't read any of Suzanne Selfors' books yet, but The Sweetest Spell looks amazing and now that I have a signed copy I'm sure I'll do so asap! 
This event started at the same time as my soccer game ended, so when you add on the 30 minute drive to get to the signing, I missed a fair amount of the signing. I knew that, but for most YA events I attend I have to take a ferry ride to Seattle, so I couldn't pass up the opportunity to go to a YA event so close. Because I was late, I didn't get there til the Q/A session, though I was sad I missed the reading I loved hearing Suzanne answer all the questions! She was very honest in her answers and I enjoyed hearing all about her writing habits, life, books, ect.  I sat next to Sarah from Sarah's Random Musings and I also got to meet the lovely Jenna from Making the Grade Reviews who was visiting family in the area all the way from Florida! So that was a real treat! I also got to chat with Suzanne a bunch after her presentation, and told her she was living in the dark ages because she was not on any of the social networking! It was fun to have a bunch of laughs with her and the bloggers! It also happened to be her birthday, so I got to wish her happy birthday! :)
After the event Sarah and I raided Liberty Bay Books' YA ARC selection, and I got lots of awesome goodies! :D
Here are a few pictures of Suzanne at the event (thanks to Sarah for taking them, as my camera broke):



And here's a photo with all of us bloggers with Suzanne:

Jenna, Sarah, Suzanne, me
(See above for links to Jenna and Sarah's blogs)

1 comment:

  1. I don't think this is the book for me but I love reading reviews about it. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

    Talk Supe
    Reader Tribute

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment, I love and appreciate each and every one! As of March 2012, The Non Reluctant Reader is an awards-free zone. I'm honored to be considered, but do not currently have the time to pass the award on. Comments are the best award I can receive though! If the comment requires a reply, please be sure to check back for one. If it is a feature/meme leave a link to your post and I will stop by and comment if I get the chance!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Under the Dappled Shadows kit by Lorie Davison