September 26, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: Requiem by Lauren Oliver

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine
Today's pick:
Requiem by Lauren Oliver
Release Date ~ 3/5/2012
Publisher ~ HarperTeen
Now an active member of the resistance, Lena has been transformed. The nascent rebellion that was under way in Pandemonium has ignited into an all-out revolution in Requiem, and Lena is at the center of the fight.
After rescuing Julian from a death sentence, Lena and her friends fled to the Wilds. But the Wilds are no longer a safe haven—pockets of rebellion have opened throughout the country, and the government cannot deny the existence of Invalids. Regulators now infiltrate the borderlands to stamp out the rebels, and as Lena navigates the increasingly dangerous terrain, her best friend, Hana, lives a safe, loveless life in Portland as the fiancĂ©e of the young mayor. Requiem is told from both Lena’s and Hana’s points of view. The two girls live side by side in a world that divides them until, at last, their stories converge.
   Though the first book in this trilogy, Delirium wasn't drop-dead amazing, the second book, Pandemonium was. This trilogy brings new thoughts, ideas, and questions to the dystopian and is like nothing else on the market. Lena wasn't an awesome character at first, but I've loved watching her transform to a bolder, more involved heroine. As for the love triangle that has blossomed, I'm not really sure of my thoughts, but I'm still Team Alex FTW! Though the one thing is, these books all have had really nice covers, except this one is not to expectations. I mean, c'mon, the other ones were so much better! 

17 comments:

  1. Sounds lovely! I hope you enjoy it when it comes out :)

    Here is my WoW post. Check it out? ;)

    -Maxine @ Teenage Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! I am so looking forward to reading this series. I guess i'll get to it once all the books are out. :) Great pick!

    Here's my WoW. It would be great if you could stop by! Also we have a Night Of The Purple Moon giveaway going on! Come along and participate if you like. :)

    Sarika.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just started reading Delirium the other day, all good so far! :-P

    I totally understand what you mean about the covers. This one looks a little pouty - in a completely unattractive way. But I do love the reds used!

    Thanks for sharing!

    My WoW
    Renae @ Rolling with the Moments

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Choice! I really dig this series as well.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is definitely one that I am looking forward to. Great pick.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever
    http://booksliveforever.com/?p=4411

    ReplyDelete
  6. i just ordered the series. looking forward to reading them!

    Katie @ Inkk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, I'm waiting on Requiem, too, especially after that ending of Pandemonium...!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pick. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hate cliffhangers so I can't wait for this one either.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have the first 2 books sitting on my shelf, but I haven't read them yet. I really need to catch up on this series. Thanks for sharing.
    Waiting For Wentworth

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm dying for this one!!!! March can't get here soon enough--hoping it will show up on Edelweiss!!!

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  12. I recently read Divergent and wasn't blown away - although the end is killing me. I plan to read Pandemonium soon, but I want to read it closer to this publish date. Great pick!

    My WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good choice, enjoy!

    http://tributebooksreviews.blogspot.com/2012/09/waiting-on-wednesday-owlet-by-emma.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. I definitely need to read the rest in this series. The first one is so awesome. I'm just so worried about what happens. Thanks for sharing.

    Here's my Wow

    Enjoy!

    ~Danica Page@ Taking it One Page at a Time

    ReplyDelete
  15. This series is on my TBR list. I just haven't gotten around to it yet. I've heard great things though.

    Check out my WOW.

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this beautiful series, and Requiem is definitely on my must-have list!! <3

    But yeah, I totally agree that the cover isn't anything special. Not sure why they didn't put more *effort* into it, because frankly - if I wasn't already familiar with the author and series - I'd walk right by this in a bookstore.
    Mary DeBorde M.A.D.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment, I love and appreciate each and every one! As of March 2012, The Non Reluctant Reader is an awards-free zone. I'm honored to be considered, but do not currently have the time to pass the award on. Comments are the best award I can receive though! If the comment requires a reply, please be sure to check back for one. If it is a feature/meme leave a link to your post and I will stop by and comment if I get the chance!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Under the Dappled Shadows kit by Lorie Davison